While there are many divisive doctrines and views on God’s Word, my beliefs align best with the AEGA (www.AEGA.org) 18 Fundamental Truths. I have been an ordained minister with the AEGA Fellowship since 2017.
THE 18 FUNDAMENTAL TRUTHS OF THE AEGA
WE BELIEVE . . .
- The Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, are verbally inspired, the product of holy men of old who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit (2 Pet. 1:21).
- God has revealed Himself as a triune being, but manifested in three personalities as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Isa. 48:16; Mt. 2819; Lk. 3:22).
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, is divine, and shares in the Deity of God as the second person in the Holy Trinity (Mt. 1:23; Jn. 5:22, 23; 2 Jn. 3; Heb. 1:1-3).
- Man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God.
- Man’s only hope of redemption from the stain of sin is through the shed blood of Christ, the Son of God (Lk. 24:47).
- The true Church is the Body of Christ (1 Cor. 12:12-27), not intended to be the edifice or institution , but the habitation of God through the Holy Spirit.
- The Mission of the Church is:
- to be an agency for evangelizing the world (Acts 1:8; Mt. 28:19,20; Mk. 16:15,16)
- to be a corporate body in which man may worship God (1 Cor. 12:13)
- to be a channel of God’s purpose to build a body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son (Eph. 4:11-16; 1 Cor. 12:28; 14:12).
- The Ordinances of the Church are:
- Baptism in water
- Holy Communion or the Lord’s Supper.
- Every believer is entitled to, should seek for, and should expect to receive the “Baptism in the Holy Spirit”.
- The Baptism of all born again believers “in the Holy Spirit” is always witnessed by the physical evidence of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives them utterance (Acts 2:4).
- Divine healing is wrought by the power of God through the prayer of faith, the laying on of hands (Mk. 16:18; Jas. 5:14-15), fervent prayer (Jas. 5:16), and is the privilege of every believer who will accept it (Lk. 5:15).
- Sanctification is a definite yet progressive work of grace, as taught in the Scriptures, which leads to holiness (Rom. 6:22).
- God by the Holy Spirit, definitely calls whom He desires, both male and female, to serve in the five fold ministry (Eph. 4:11), and qualifies the ones called with power, talents, wisdom, and gifts pertaining to that office or offices (1 Cor. 12:28).
- We believe that all Christians (including ministers) should pay tithes into the storehouse (Mal. 3:10,11).
- We believe in the Premillennial coming of our Lord in the clouds, to catch away His Bride.
- The second coming of Christ includes the “catching away” (rapture) of the “Church” (saints) (1 Thess. 4:16,17), followed by the actual, visible return of Christ with His saints to reign with Him on earth for one thousand years (Zech. 14:5; Mt. 24:27,30: Rev. 1:7; 19:11-14;20:1-6).
- There will be a final judgment in which the wicked dead will be raised and judged according to their works.
- “We, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness” (2 Pet. 3:13; Rev. 21:1).
Have a question? Feel free to contact me via email. May God continue to richly bless you as you continue to seek Him through the study of His Word, Worship, and Prayer.